torsdag den 26. april 2012

Weekly Zentangle challenge #67

This week the Divas challenge is a celebration of the earth day - which is not a concept I have heard about before, so maybe it's mainly American??

Anyway by the prompt 'earth' my mind went completely blank and I had absolutely no idea what to make. But a little time went and ideas started popping in my mind - also helped along by fellow-challengers. Finally I decided on having the inside of the globe as sort of string - concentric circles represent the different layers of earth with the hot burning center. Around the rings a couple of earthy-things like mountains, flowers and trees. And I couldn't help but put in the snake from paradise :-)

I love this piece. It may not be the most beautiful/zentangle-ish thing, but the process of making it - and I spend severel days - first all the patterns and then the coloring - was really meaningful to me. And I like that.

The final result:


7 kommentarer:

  1. I really like it too. Both in black and white and color. You have chosen well your patterns your placement and your theme!

    SvarSlet
  2. Beautiful! Love your choice of patterns (really love your grain). Very clever response to the challenge.

    SvarSlet
  3. Hvor er den flot - kan specielt godt lide æblegrenene og den yderste kreds

    SvarSlet
  4. i like it! the color really brings it to life. i like all the layers - good job!

    SvarSlet
  5. This is really fantastic! Great job:)

    SvarSlet
  6. The fire in the middel is such a great idea!

    SvarSlet
  7. I love the idea and the way you executed it, especially with color. Beautiful end result.

    SvarSlet